Metrics Global is committed to the safety of our children. Metrics Global does not solicit or knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of 13. If Metrics Global obtains actual knowledge that it has collected Personal Information from a child under the age of 13, Metrics Global will immediately delete such information from its database. Because Metrics Global does not collect Personal Information from children under the age of 13, Metrics Global has no such information to use or disclose to third parties.
Metrics Global is the sole owner of the Website. We collect information from our customers and visitors to the Website at different points on the Website.
- Traffic Data. Like most website operators, Metrics Global automatically gathers information of the sort that browsers automatically make available, including: (i) IP addresses; (ii) domain servers; (iii) types of devices accessing the Website; and (iv) types of Web browsers accessing the Website (collectively “Traffic Data”). Traffic Data is anonymous information that does not personally identify you.
- Personal Information. Through your use of or visits to our websites, you may be required or requested to provide personally identifiable information (hereafter “Personal Information”) to us. Personal Information is any piece of information which can potentially be used to uniquely identify, contact, or locate a single person. Such information includes, without limitation: (1) “Contact Data” (such as your name, mailing address and e-mail address); (2) “Demographic Data” (such as your age, gender, profession, education level, relationship status, religious affiliation, country, state, city and likes and dislikes,); (3) “Financial Data” (such as your credit/debit card number and expiration date or bank account information); and (4) “Taxpayer Identification Number” (such as your Social Security Number or Federal Employer Identification Number). We do not collect Personal Information from you through this Website without first asking you to provide it. The Website does not gather Personal Information from you without your knowledge. We may supplement the Personal Information you provide to us with additional Personal Information gathered from public sources or from third parties (e.g., consumer reporting agencies) who may lawfully provide such information to us. You are under no obligation to provide Personal Information to us, with the caveat that your refusal to do so may prevent you from using certain of the features and services available on the Website or from purchasing some or all of our products.
- Information that you make public. The Website may contain features (e.g. public profiles, forums, and message boards) that permit you to upload, post, transmit, display, perform or distribute content, information or other material, including some of your Personal Information. Any information that you choose to disclose by means of such features becomes public information over which Metrics Global is unable to exercise control. You should exercise caution when deciding to disclose your Personal Information by means of such features, and you agree to assume all responsibility for doing so.
Information Obtained from Third Party Sources
We may receive information about you such as contact information and demographics information from other sources. In addition, we may combine information you give us with information from these sources. The types of information and sources of such information include without limitation the following categories:
- We may receive contact information and demographic information that you provide to or through our vendors, such as through our email and text message campaigns.
- Payment Service Providers. Payment information such as updated credit card number and expiration dates from your bank or credit card company which we use to keep our records current and service you better.
- Delivery Service Providers. Delivery details such as updated delivery, contact information, and address information from our carriers or other third parties which we use to keep our records current, process orders, deliver your next purchase, and service you better.
- Social Media Services. Information that you publicly post on our and your social media pages (e.g., our Facebook®, Instagram®, and Twitter® pages), such as your contact and demographic information, such as likes, interests, preferences, comments, suggestions, and opinions, general feedback, and content.
- Other Third-Party Sources (Including Data Aggregators and Public Databases). Transactional data from third-party purchases; contact information, demographics information, including profile data; information about products or services purchased from other companies.
Information Use and Disclosure Practices
- Traffic Data and Information Gathered Using Cookies. Metrics Global analyzes Traffic Data and information gathered using Cookies to help Metrics Global better understand who is using the Website and how they are using it. By identifying patterns and trends in usage, Metrics Global is able to better design the Website to improve your experience, and to serve you more relevant and interesting content. From time to time, Metrics Global may release Traffic Data and information gathered using Cookies in the aggregate, such as by publishing a report on trends in the usage of the Website. Metrics Global does not attempt to link information gathered using Cookies to Personal Information.
- Disclosure in Connection with Services. Metrics Global discloses Personal Information to those who help it provide Services, including those who perform technical, administrative and data processing tasks such as hosting, billing, fulfillment, and data storage and security.
- By Law or to Protect Rights. Metrics Global discloses Personal Information when required to do so by law, or in response to a subpoena or court order, or when Metrics Global believes in its sole discretion that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of Metrics Global, third parties or the public at large.
- Legally Required Law Enforcement, Judicial and Administrative Agency Disclosures. Metrics Global will provide confidential and Personal Information as necessary to comply with judicial and administrative orders, subpoenas, Civil or Criminal Investigative Demands, Administrative and Regulatory Demands and other legal obligations. In order for Metrics Global to conduct business in certain jurisdictions, Metrics Global must disclose certain personally identifiable and confidential information to regulatory authorities in such jurisdictions. Such information may include, but is not limited to, income information and Personal Information.
- Unpaid Accounts. If you fail to pay any balance owed to Metrics Global, we may, as permitted by law, report your Personal Information, including without limitation your unpaid balance, to consumer credit reporting services, collection agencies and others.
- Surveys. It may become necessary to conduct surveys of our customers. Should we deem it necessary to conduct a survey, we may outsource the survey to a third party. We will provide the third-party survey company with your Personal Information as is necessary for the third-party survey company to conduct the survey and to those third parties whom we engage to review and analyze the results of the survey. We will not provide your social security number, credit card or banking information to the survey provider.
Communications from Us
- Special Offers and Updates. By making a purchase or other inquiry through the Website, you consent to receive periodic email and other communications from us and our partners regarding special offers that may be of interest to customers and updates to services.
- Service Announcements. On rare occasions it is necessary to send out a strictly service-related announcement. For instance, if our service is temporarily suspended for maintenance, we might send customers an email. Generally, customers may not opt-out of these communications, though they can deactivate their account. However, these communications are not promotional in nature.
- Customer Service. Metrics Global communicates with customers via email, regular mail, and telephone on a regular basis to provide requested services and regarding issues relating to their accounts with Metrics Global. Metrics Global also communicates with customers with respect to products or services purchased by such customers from Metrics Global. Such communications may be by email, regular mail, or telephone.
We may display advertising on our Website and partner with third parties to manage advertising on other websites for our products and services. We may also partner with third parties, including business partners, advertising networks, and other advertising service providers, who gather information about you on our Sites and other sites to provide you with advertisements on the Website and elsewhere online based on your browsing history and tailored to your interests, preferences, and characteristics. Cookies or other similar technologies may be used to provide you with advertising based upon your browsing activities and interests. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of these third parties, and the information practices of these third parties are not covered by this Policy.
Some third parties collect information about users of our Website to provide interest-based advertising on our Website and elsewhere, including across browsers and devices. These third parties may use the information they collect on our Website to make predictions about your interests in order to provide you with ads (from us and other companies) across the Internet. Some of these third parties may participate in industry-developed programs designed to provide consumers with choices about whether to receive targeted advertising. Due to differences between using apps and websites on mobile devices, you may need to take additional steps to disable targeted ad technologies in mobile apps. Many mobile devices allow you to opt-out of targeted advertising for mobile apps using the settings within the mobile app or your mobile device. For more information, please check your mobile settings. You also may uninstall our apps using the standard uninstall process available on your mobile device or app marketplace.
To opt-out of interest-based advertising across browsers and devices from companies that participate in the Digital Advertising Alliance or Network Advertising Initiative opt-out programs, please visit the websites operated by the Network Advertising Initiative and the Digital Advertising Alliance. You may also be able to opt-out of interest-based advertising through the settings within the mobile app or your mobile device, but your opt-out choice may apply only to the browser or device you are using when you opt-out, so you should opt-out on each of your browsers and devices if you want to disable all cross-device linking for interest-based advertising. Please note that even if you use an industry-based opt-out for interest-based advertising, you will continue to receive generic advertisements and your experience on our Website may be degraded.
- Links. Metrics Global’s websites may contain links to other sites. Please be aware that Metrics Global is not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of each and every website that collects Personal Information. This privacy statement applies solely to information collected by Metrics Global websites.
- Security. Metrics Global has implemented and maintains reasonable security procedures and practices to protect against the unauthorized access, use, modification, destruction, or disclosure of your Personal Information.
- Lost or Stolen Information. You must promptly notify us if your credit, banking, other financial information, username, or password is lost, stolen, or used without permission. In such an event, we will remove that credit card number, bank account information, other financial institution information, username, or password from your account.
- Making Changes to Your Personal Information. Customers may update their Personal Information as necessary by logging into their Metrics Global accounts, which allows them to access and edit their registration account information and payment information. In addition, customers may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to update their profiles.
Privacy Notice for California Residents. The following applies solely to California residents. Effective January 1, 2020.
Shine the Light. Residents of the State of California (under California Civil Code Section 1798.83) have the right to request from companies conducting business in California a list of all third parties, if any, to which the company has disclosed Personal Information during the preceding year for direct marketing purposes (e.g., requests made in 2020 will receive information about 2019 sharing activities). We comply with this law by offering California residents the ability to tell us not to share your Personal Information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please email us at email@example.com. You must include the name of this Site and “California Resident” as the subject line, and your full name, e-mail address, and postal address in your message. Please note that any request under this paragraph will be limited to our use and disclosure of your Personal Information. You will need to make the same request of your Distributor if you would like to obtain information about any disclosure that she or he has made of your Personal Information.
California Consumer Privacy Act Notice. California law requires us to disclose information regarding the categories of Personal Information that we have collected about California consumers, the categories of sources from which the information was collected, the business or commercial purposes (as those terms are defined by applicable law) for which the information was collected, and the categories of parties with whom we share Personal Information.
We or our service providers may collect the below categories of information for the following business or commercial purposes (as those terms are defined in applicable law):
- Our or our service provider’s operational purposes.
- Auditing consumer interactions on our site (e.g., measuring ad impressions).
- Detecting, protecting against, and prosecuting security incidents and fraudulent or illegal activity.
- Bug detection and error reporting.
- Customizing content that we or our service providers display on the Services (e.g., contextual ads).
- Providing the Services (e.g., account servicing and maintenance, order processing and fulfillment, customer service, advertising and marketing, analytics, and communication about the Services).
- Improving our existing Services and developing new services (e.g., by conducting research to develop new products or features or maintaining the quality and safety of products).
- Other uses that advance our commercial or economic interests, such as third-party advertising and communicating with you about relevant offers from third-party partners.
- Other uses about which we notify you.
Examples of these types of uses are identified below. We may also use the below categories of Personal Information for compliance with applicable laws and regulations, and we may combine the information we collect (“aggregate”) or remove pieces of information (“de-identify”) to limit or prevent identification of any particular user or device.